Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Another Go" and "Excitement for my New House, Part 1"

My friend Tanya reminded me the other day about her blog, so I checked it out (again) & thought, "I should do this!" So I'm giving it another go. The last time I tried, I didn't last very long, but I now have friends & family in farther away places, friends & family who also do this kind of thing, so I think I'm going to try harder this time. We'll see...

As many of you know ("many": as in, "all 3 of you that are reading this"), we are about to move into our very own first house. This is very exciting! You might think that I am most excited about having more space (a 4-room house for 5 people & 1 dog for the past 3 years makes not very fun math!!), or you might think that I am excited about the nearly $1,000 payment the bank will force us to make every month for the next 30 years. I will tell you what I am so excited about, & some of this might surprise you--the simplicity of my amusements continue to amaze Dan--
1--washer & dryer in the same location: I don't care that this location is the basement. I will not have to tote a basketful of wet clothes from one level to another.
2--PLAY ROOM!! For the past few days we have been packing up much of our stuff, including the vast majority of the kids' toys. I can't tell you how pleasant it is to walk into their room now! Our plan is to have all of the kids' toys in our basement play room, & very few things in their bedrooms. How long will this last? I don't know. Do I care? Maybe. But I am looking forward to at least a couple of weeks of having nice, tidy bedrooms. And yes, I am very delusional. (reason #2b would be that I can now say "kids' rooms" rather than "kids' room")
3--a den. We will now have our "formal living room," a "den" off the kitchen/dining area, & a "play room/rec room." For the past 3 years, our bedrooms have doubled as our den, our living room has doubled as our dining room, & our kitchen has doubled as our laundry room. I am SOOO excited about having our computer in the den--where it belongs, in my opinion.
4--this will be my last one for this post--my own separate office space, so my two part-time businesses can really take off. I may be overly optimistic, but I think that with more space for me to organize my business stuff, I will be a bit more enthusiastic about getting into my work. Right now, when I want to plan for a Pampered Chef (from now on, referred to as "PC") show, I pull a bin out from under my bed, organize the products I keep in a large tote on the floor of my kitchen, & make calls from Dan's cell phone in my car.

No comments: