Saturday, July 29, 2006

Shame on me!!

Here's a story that any parent can relate to (I hope so anyway!)...

Last Sunday morning was a bit hectic during church services. Okay, when is it NOT hectic?! With my grandparents sitting with us, & Dan on the other side of them from me & the kids ... well, it was a bit rough on my side. At one point, I sent Derek over to Dan (which worked, to my surprise) & was working on puzzles or whatever with the older two. Nathan started to get really pesky--poking me, trying to talk to me, just really being a nuisance in my opinion. So we stand up for a song, & Nathan's grabbing my side, tapping me, trying to get my attention. I'm either ignoring him or holding out my hand to say "stop," but he keeps on going. So I get down to his level, look him in the eyes, about to admonish him for all his talking & noise-making during worship, & he does the sign language for "I love you." OOOOOWWWWWWWWWW! Slap me! I felt so awful! I had to look away because I was about to start crying. What a shameful moment for me! Kids can be so annoying, yet so sweet sometimes!! Ah, I love 'em!

Hope you're able to stop and love on your kids today. What a blessing they are!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh, Lisa...they really know how to push our buttons yet melt our hearts :)

Anonymous said...

Hi.