Thursday, August 31, 2006

Help me, Prayer Warriors!

Okay, I'm posting today with one purpose, to request your prayers!! As I've talked with some of you about, I am going to need to get another job. Either some kind of day job to replace all the little part-time jobs I have, or another part-time job that works around Dan's schedule or allows me to take kids with me (yeah, right!!). And, of course, I've been praying constantly about this because Dan's opinion is that my only option is to waitress again. My opinion is that I want to do anything BUT waitress again!! I am too old for that! There are a lot of reasons I don't want to waitress, not the least of which are the missed weekend get-togethers with church friends, Nathan's soccer games on Friday nights, & a stressful job that I didn't enjoy (I don't care if I have the right personality for it & should be good at it!).

Well, I think I got the beginning of an answer to my prayer this morning. My supervisor at the Health Dept. asked me if I would be interested in increasing my 10 hours a week to 20 hours a week, & I said, "OH YEAH!!" But the catch is that it has to be approved with Richmond, the state health dept. or whatever. So I'm asking you to pray that this will work out! Having 20 hours a week with this job will allow me to A) take my kids with me when I'm working, B) make enough to cover what we were needing me to make (& more probably), and C) NOT WAITRESS!! And not find another job of any sort, just stick with what I already have. This is truly wonderful, & I am in awe of the way God surprises me. I was thinking He'd have to help me find another job, but He is (possibly) helping me to keep my current, much-loved job & just add more hours. The Lord truly does provide! My sister-in-law also emailed me today asking if I'd be able to help keep one of their children two days a week, which would help out even more. What a day!!

3 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

Sounds good. We will pray that your request is answered promptly by our God.

Dad

Tanya said...

That would be so perfect for you! Keeping you in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Lisa!!

I will definantly keep you in my prayers!!