Thursday, September 21, 2006

Autumn Stinks!

(And I do not mean my friend Autumn!!)

All right, so the trees look really pretty when the leaves start to change. And yeah, Halloween is pretty fun. But you can have Halloween without autumn, and the pretty leaves will just fall and clog up gutters & make a big mess in your yard and then you have to clean them and then trees look U-G-L-Y without any leaves on them.

So I'm posting a list of why Autumn Stinks.
And reason number one is -- Leaves make a big mess for you to clean up and then the trees look Ugly (that's right, with a capital U!).
2--COLD! I hate cold weather! I'm starting to think that my family that moved to Florida has the right idea: find some warmth!
3--Snow. Oh yeah? You like Snow? Great! Move to Alaska! I can handle it, I like the way it looks. But could I live without it? You bet!
4--COLD!
5--.....

Hmmm...I know I had some more reasons. I mean, sure the weather is decent right now. It was pretty chilly this morning & I didn't want to be out in it, but I guess it warmed up enough to play outside this afternoon. And the sky was so clear and BEAUTIFUL!! And, well, I do enjoy the routine our family has gotten into now that we're a school family. I like having the college students back, because it means I get to be a part of our Adopt-A-Family program--yeah! [[We have some really great students in our family group. I will post more on them later, I wanted to get a picture of all of us to show you.]] And this fall has been the start of babysitting Chelsea, Hannah & possibly Melody which brings more beneficial routine to our life and, of course, lots of femininity to our house! And, well, kindergarten soccer sure has been a lot of fun so far, & it's more time for us to spend with the in-laws.

Well, shoot. I guess you guys are right. I was so annoyed this morning that it was cold in the house and cold outside and that I had to get out in it. And I'm dreading it getting even colder. But I am really looking forward to Halloween and school stuff and all the other "good" reasons I listed above. So I guess Fall really is all right.

But I'd rather have it in warmer weather.

4 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

Top 10 Reasons to move to Central Florida.
10 - no snow
9 - no falling leaves
8 - great weather during the fall and winter
7 - Disney World
6 - Universal Studios
5 - Sea World
4 - Orlando Airport has great fares and flights to almost anywhere
3 - Did I mention no snow?
2 - your sister lives there
1 - your parents live there

Anonymous said...

Funny -- here I am missing fall and wishing for cool weather and bemoaning my getting rid of my nice winter clothes and there you are dreading fall and winter! Are we never satisfied with what we have? I have loved fall since we lived in TX and fall meant the hot weather finally gave way to cooler temps. I loved foliage trips when we lived in Massachusetts. I can remember being so tickled at Camp Ganderbrook in Maine at the first hint of fall. One day during the last week (probably the second week of August) there would be crispness in the air and I would think FALL! It's coming. Right now I miss the cranberry harvest and the beautiful scenery and the sound and feel of walking through the leaves and the crisp clearness of the skies and fresh apples (I only enjoy apples in the fall when they're really crisp and I'm told FL doesn't get good apples) and mums and pumpkins and corn stalks and cooking chili and stew and soup . . . . Please, enjoy fall a little bit for me, okay?

Anonymous said...

Catching up on your past blogs. Check my comment on skinning chicken. And yeah, I do have some LOC. I'll try it on Dad's shirt and let you know if it works. Dad's shirt has air dried. I had heard hairspray. Maybe for a mark, but definitely not for a blot. Rubbing alcohol didn't work either.

Jennifer said...

Okay so I realize that people have really different perspectives on things because after 5 years of living in Chicagoland I LOVE the winter trees. The rhythm of the seasons is so beautiful to me, and the crisp edges of being able to see the tree in its nakedness is something incredible in my eyes. They are stark, they are dark, they have nothing to hide. It makes spring so amazingly wonderful when it comes! But those stark trees remind me that I have lots of things in my life to shed, and that there are seasons in life where God calls me to a new level of "nakedness" with him and others. And that there is nothing to fear, as spring comes with regularity. There has never been a year when winter is the only season we have. Amazing his faithfulness through this rhythm. Anyway, I know that they are ugly, but maybe this gives another perspective! Love, Jen