Wednesday, September 06, 2006

If only I could be half as productive . . .

Wow, Derek is a busy little bugger! This is what he got accomplished over our long weekend:
1. Spilling an almost-full (I had just poured 3 kiddo-sized glasses) pitcher of pink lemonade on the floor.
2. Spilling an almost-full (again, minus about 3 kiddo-sized portions) container of strawberry syrup on the floor.
3. Dragging a stool from Nathan & Jeremy's room to the kitchen over a dozen times.
4. Using said stool to climb up high enough to reach the markers & write all over the countertop & trash can lid.
5. Soaking the latest Reader's Digest in the bathroom sink (hey, I wasn't done reading that!).
6. Soaking a pair of Nathan's socks & a washcloth in the bathroom sink.
7. Taking down all the books from his shelves (& reading them too--imagine that!).
8. Taking down all the stuffed animals from his shelves (just for the fun it, I think).
9. Talking his brothers into putting all the books from his room in a laundry basket & pushing them around the house.
10. Finding 44 of the 60+ Hokie Birds that are posed around Blacksburg (thanks, Tanya, for that great idea!).

I know, you're wondering where I was when he was accomplishing all of this? Well, someone had to take pictures! Just kidding. I was doing laundry or washing dishes or cleaning up the house. See, I got stuff done this weekend too!! (just not nearly as much as Derek)

5 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

I remember one busy day that you had as a youngster. It involved using a permanent marker on the chalkboard at the church building. I'm glad to see that you've matured since then. :-)) love you,

Dad

Tanya said...

Sounds like Derek had quite a busy weekend - too funny! Glad to see your family is doing the "Hokie Bird Search", too. Fun Fun Fun! We are up to 54, I think!? I hope to post about our Hokie Bird Search soon. See you tonight!

Lisa said...

Okay, Dad, how well do you know me if you think I've matured much since then?!

Tanya, are there 3 Hokie birds that are missing?

Bob Bliss said...

All I have to do is watch you deal with your sons to know just how much you've matured.

Tell Dan I'm praying for him. I know he will grow to be a great teacher.

Malia said...

I think Derek and Boo-boo would get only very well. They like to do a lot of the same things!