Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Brian & Terri!

Wow, nine years!! You go, guys!

Some memories I have of the two of you over the years...

1--Meeting you, at your apartment in NJ; hanging out with you & Dan ... & Spanky, who didn't like Dan (& still doesn't!). :)
2--Driving home from Dan's Harding graduation in a caravan with you & Dan's parents, stopping in Virginia to check it out, not grasping the fact that I'd be married & living there in a few years. All I can really remember from that trip is the long drive from the interstate to the property you were looking at in the Floyd area & that there was a lot of construction on the interstate near Blacksburg & Christiansburg--some things change, some things don't!
3--Stopping at your house in Virginia a few years later to meet our new nephew, Tyler.
4--Thinking 5 months later that I was a complete dimwit to let Terri cook for us when she had a newborn! (it wasn't until after having my firstborn that I realized how ignorant it was of me to let Terri cook for us, when I should have been cooking for her!)
5--The night we moved to Radford with my dad & grandfather along to help, you guys were at the house when we arrived. And you stayed late into the night to make sure we had enough unpacked to be comfortable. The next day Brian took us around town to show us where important things in the area were--that tour definitely included Wal-Mart!
6--The start of our "Wednesday night dinners" a few months later!
7--Babysitting Tyler for a little while, until we both discovered being pregnant with our second children.
8--Being pregnant at the same time, having a joint shower hosted by friends from church, due a month apart yet having Hannah & Jeremy two days apart!
9--Spring trips to Gatlinburg with the Leichner clan, summer trips to the houseboat.
10--Now I get to enjoy babysitting Hannah on Tuesday & Thursday afternoons, & we get to hang out with the whole gang for kindergarten soccer on Friday nights. So much fun!

Thanks for the memories!!
I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh you have a good memory. I remember dating Brian and we would watch movies downstairs at the Leichner house w/ Dan. I also rememberyou coming to visit us when we lived on Horse Ridge and had just had Tyler and thought how great it was for you to come all that way to just see us. I also remember trying to find you guys somewhere to live here and then finally Brian found something and you all decided to come look atthat little house (seems big to me now) in Radford and thinking gosh I hope they like it.
I remember helping you move into the Reed house and having Hannah as a wee one and we both had to go into a room that didn't have any men in it to feed them! That was tough! But I remember that we had a nice talk...sorry I don't remember 'what' it was abt.
And as for the soccer games every Friday, I think that is just the continuation of our families growing together and enjoying each others company. And I hope to do many more 'potluck' dinners with you because I really did enjoy that...esp the fact that everyone liked what I brought from the drug rep lunch we had at work instead of what you or I made! (Thanks guys!)
We love you too!
Terri