Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hello from sunny Florida!!


Hey! We're all enjoying some time here in Florida with my folks. We just got in last night & haven't done much yet. But it's been good so far. After a LONG 12 & 1/2 hours in the car (so much traffic!!), we finally arrived last night, just in time for some pizza and clam chowder--yum!! After the kids went to bed we played a Shout About Movies game. I won't say who won, but I will say that the guys cheated.

We also had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning with Emily & Malia & Malia's husband & kids. Malia & Emily's parents live in FL too. What a nice treat! We had fun getting to know each other. I met Malia & David & their oldest at camp (Manatawny) a few years ago when Nathan & I went up to work Sr. high week. Malia also happens to be the cousin of a friend of ours from church. One more connection: when David was a kid, my grandfather preached at the congregation where his family attended. It's a small world! Malia & I have been reconnecting over cyberspace for the past few months, so it was exciting to see her in person again & a really cool treat was to meet Emily for the first time, who I only knew through blogging.

We are currently waiting to open presents (as soon as the turkey goes in the oven), but I just wanted to say hi. So ... Hi!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a fun time in Florida! How fun that you got to have breakfast with Malia and Emily. We enjoyed a fun day trip to Washington, D.C. today. Enjoy the rest of your visit. We are headed back home tomorrow. See you soon! Love you!!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Wow. Florida sunshine... Enjoy!
Every blessing
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

laura said...

so glad that you're enjoying your time with your folks... i'm drooling right now at the thought of cracker barrel! what fun! so glad that you're still posting while you're away... it makes my day! God bless you friend!

Paula Harrington said...

Florida sounds wonderful this time of year. Glad to know you are getting to visit with family! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

So good to see the Bliss family clan again! I still can't believe y'all drove the whole way in ONE day! We're just not that patient!! :-)

I was going to bring the Christmas cards for you and your parents and just hand deliver them but alas, my swiss cheese brain forget to bring them along! I guess it will be waiting for you in your mailbox when you return home.

Hope you're having a wonderful time in sunny, WARM Florida!

preacherman said...

I hope ya'll have a great time in FL. It feel great to be home for Christmas. I want to thank you for your prayers. I hope that you will continue to keep me in your prayers as I continue to recover.

Kinney.
AKA
Preacherman