Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's not fair!!

Why does everyone I know from Florida INSIST on rubbing their warm weather in my face?!

You know, I don't really appreciate that, Mom ... Dad ... Loni ... Matt.
You're the reason I want to live with warm weather. At least before I knew people who lived in Florida, I didn't know warm weather actually existed during the winter months. But I can no longer be ignorant about it. I know there is warm weather to be had somewhere. While you're having 70-degree weather & putting your Christmas lights up wearing t-shirts & flip-flops, our weather looks like this in Virginia.Isn't that such a gloomy picture?

For the record, I don't really mind snow ... when it accumulates enough to do something with it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to North Carolina. It gets cold at night, but back into 60's and 70's by afternoon. Haven't seen any snow yet! Nana

laura said...

sister, i'd trade places with you in a heart beat! to be able to bundle up and build a fire that actually matched the evergreen christmas tree in our house... oh i can dream can't i? you just bring your little self down here and we'll get you all set up in t-shirts and flip-flops, i'll take winter any day of the week :)

Loni said...

Just wait about, a little less than 2 weeks & you can enjoy the nice warm weather down here with us!!!

Marie said...

Growing up wearing shorts for Christmas isn't all it's craked up to be. Although there aer days I miss the lighted palmtrees and warm days. But Matt won't go to FL so we settled on TN! :)

TitanThirteen said...

I'm in Australia, and December is Summer here. Most people have a seafood Christmas dinner now because it's too bloody hot to spend all day in a hot kitchen!
We have a roast dinner, but thats because my mother-in-law insists on still cooking one [but secretly i prefer it. its more traditional] However the meats are usualy cooked over night. Before and after the dinner is spent sitting around the fan, drinking beer, and playing sad country music [father-in-laws choice, not ours i assure you!!!]
We live in one of only a few places in Australia where it might snow during winter [a ground cover for a day or two]. I prefer the cold weather, so "here" is perfect!