Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Just Some Miscellaneous Ramblings

This is how stubborn my youngest is (& if you'll remember from his birthday post, I told you we really thought Jeremy was stubborn until Derek was born):

He comes into the living room really frustrated because he can't get his shirt off. I mean, he's getting angry. I offer to help, but no, he wants to do it himself. He gets it up over his head, but it's still on his arms, & behind his head. He is just wrestling with his shirt & I'm thinking, "what a silly kid, you could just let me help you!" He finally gets it off, & then decides to give it to me. At which point I notice it's wet -- REALLY wet.

"D e r e k..." (I say it really slow because I know he's been up to something but I'm not sure I want to know what that "something" is)

"Why - is - your - shirt - wet?" (I say between gritted teeth)

Jeremy answers for him (they love to get each other in trouble): "Because he was playing in the water!"

So I scold Derek & tell him not to play in the water. Then I scold Jeremy for telling on Derek (not a big fan of the kids telling on each other).

A few minutes later I'm walking down the hall & I hear some noise coming from the bathroom. Hmmm, sounds like running water. Yup, it is running water. Apparently Derek left the water running after he was done with it . . . AND my (still unread) Reader's Digest is now in the sink! This is the second time he's ruined a Reader's Digest I hadn't even read yet! What does he have against the great writers at Reader's Digest?! Especially that witty Mary Roach who I aspire to be like--well, to write like. And who doesn't love all the funny stories that are shared in "Laughter: the Best Medicine," "Humor In Uniform," etc.??

I'm going to have to find another place to leave my RDs.

Okay, another few things...

I love Wayne on Sesame Street, by the way. Wayne was the funniest guy they've ever had on Whose Line Is It Anyway? in case you don't know who "Wayne" is.

My friend Bevin has entered the wonderful world of blogging! And her husband's basketball team (Go Highlanders!) has a blog. I've added both of the links to the right. Unless you're really interested in basketball, I'm not sure you'd want to read about a team you're not familiar with, but then again you might! The Highlanders have provided the majority of our family's winter-time entertainment for the past 3 years & we are looking forward to another year. Especially since they've had such a great start! You can read all about their "surprise" win over VT (another local team & usual victors of the RU-VT battles). I just hope Dan will be able to join us as much as he has in the past. Corey & Bevin just had a baby in August, so you will enjoy seeing sweet pictures of their adorable little Cooper on Bevin's blog.

My brother Trey also now has a blog in addition to Xanga. He hasn't written much yet, but the link's to the right if you're interested to see what kind of little brother I have.

I am also adding Matt Dabbs since he apparently will be an occasional visitor to my little world. Since he's befriending my dad--the new guy--in Florida, & he's going to help me find a husband for my sister, he's almost family. And I've never even met him! Just kidding, he didn't say he would help me find a husband for my sister. If you didn't read my last post, then you are thinking I'm really crazy right now!! Matt's posts are really encouraging, & he also has links to other great preachers, so check out his blog & be prepared to be challenged & encouraged. (Don't worry, Matt, most of my friends are not as annoying as I am)

While I'm at it, I'm adding the other blogs I regularly read. And yes, I KNOW, I am way too obsessed with the whole blogging thing. You can see from the list how much time I must spend each day reading all these blogs. And this list doesn't even include some other blogs that I read a little less frequently or the myspace people that don't really blog on it but occasionally add pictures or whatever. I might be addicted. Dan makes fun of me. Or he might be serious.

Well, anyway, I will try to work on it. For instance, my goal today is to get online to check blogs & email one less time than I did it yesterday.

Today I am aiming to get on only 38 times.

A few posts back I asked a few questions you might be interested in answering if you haven't already seen the post. My brother said something about being sorry he didn't get around to answering them, so I just wanted to let him & others of you know that it's never too late! You can read & comment on my old posts, & I will still very much enjoy reading your comments!

What kind of intelligence do you have?

This is mine (don't laugh!):
Your Dominant Intelligence is Interpersonal Intelligence

You shine in your ability to relate to and understand others.
Good at seeing others' points of view, you get how people think and feel.
You have an uncanny ability to sense true feelings, intentions, and motivations.
A natural born leader, you are great at teaching and mediating conflict.

You would make a good counselor, salesperson, politician, or business person.


There are several other quizzes you can take at this site, & I plan to try a new one every once in a while to share with you. I am looking forward to taking the driver's test & the redneck test. Those will be interesting.

You might also want to scroll down to the very bottom of the page to see my Countdown to Christmas!! Yep, very excited about that.

Last night I had a jewelry show at my house. What fun! I actually really like jewelry, but I've never really had the money to indulge in it that much. So this was a treat. My show totaled over $1,000. Normally the host gets 30% of the total in free jewelry, but they were having a promotion this month so I am getting 50% in free jewelry. (For those of you not inclined toward math--as I am, of course--that's over $500.) So, WOW! I am way excited. I hope it's not too cheap of me, but some of you that I exchange Christmas presents with can probably expect jewelry in your stocking this year.

Okay, I'll wrap this up. I will leave you with my (current) favorite verse: "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." -Isaiah 40:31

I hope you're able to remember today to trust in Him who gives you strength. He will help get you through. Blessings!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I forgot about the jewelry show-Im sorry. Im so glad that you sold a bunch of stuff. Also,I did the personality test thingy that you put up there, I got the same thing as you.

Our Family said...

Lisa, you crack me up! You should write a book of short stories. I think it'd be a best seller!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the Channings. Sweetheart you can roll in the money. You could be the next Erma Bombeck.

Lisa said...

HA! Now YOU GUYS are funny! As often as I have writer's block just with my blog (would that be called writer's blog block?), I don't think I'd have enough to write about in order to make money. But thanks for the compliment!! I'm happy to entertain (& hopefully encourage) you all.

Bob Bliss said...

I took the test and got the same results. How did you get the image of the results to your blog?