Friday, January 26, 2007

AAAGGGGHHHH! Pray for me!!

Pray for all of us! We have some sickies over here. I am about to throw up myself over how disgusting all this clean-up is. Okay, you don't wanna know all the details. But you missed me, huh? You wondered where I've been, right? Well, we had a great week, up until this morning, very early morning, when Derek started throwing up every 15 minutes or so. That lasted until about 7 when we finally slept until 8. But then the other boys were up (Dan was long gone by that point & I guess I was dead to the world when he left because he says he said goodbye & kissed me, but I do not remember). Nathan said he was not feeling well, so with Derek's eventful night, I didn't even think twice about having Nathan stay home from school, which turned out to be a good thing. Though they made it through most of the day without much ado, they have each begun again since being in bed tonight. So ... yeah ... we're in for another long night. Pray for us!

We did have a good week, as I said before. Especially Thursday. We had our adopted family over (2 families plus 4 college kids from church) and also our new campus minister for some yummy mexican & fun games. I just hope we didn't have a bug floating around our house that the rest of them picked up too!

I have lost track of how many times Derek & I have changed our clothes or how many times I've changed bedding. Believe it or not, Dan has Nathan sleeping on the kitchen floor right now. I think we should have put Derek there too while we were at it. He's the one who's more likely to not make it to "the yucky bowl."

I'm disappointed that we're not going to have our special get-together tomorrow night. I was planning on having Tanya & Jonathan & kids & Brian & Terri & kids over for dinner. Then I was going to surprise them with cake & ice cream & send them home with a nice little gift. It is Tanya's, Brian's & Terri's birthday week. But now I can't do it.

I'm sad.

Then again, I'm going to be a walking zombie tomorrow & won't possibly get everything done I'd want to get done before having company over anyway. So it's probably for the better. We have piles of disgusting laundry in the kitchen, spots on the futon that I can't get out (why, oh why, did I not put something down under us when we slept there last night?????), clean laundry that I managed to get done this morning is on the living room couch, throw-up rags & buckets strategically spaced throughout the house, etc.

And I might not ever be able to eat one of Bevin's Oreo balls again. Not that she's the one who made them last night, but they were her recipe that I made. But I probably won't be making them again. I saw a bit too much of them last night, if you catch my drift. Not feeling too fondly toward them right now.

Whoops, I gave you the details anyway. There goes half my readers.

6 comments:

laura said...

hey... just a tip i read on another blog, shower curtains... make a pallet in front of the tv to keep kiddos distracted from the "sickies" and then put a shower curtain under them all spread out so as to catch the "sickies" whenever they may come... just a thought, it would protect the futon :) so sorry to hear that your guys are puny... mine are too, but the other end of the digestive track :( our poor guys. you'll be in my prayers tonight!

Bill Williams said...

God bless you, Lisa. I do hope and pray that you will very soon see a restoration of your happy and healthy home.

-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog

Matt said...

Every 15 minues sounds like food poinsoning to me. But I am no expert. Hope it all gets better soon. Food poisoining usually only last a couple days at worst and then all done.

Anonymous said...

Gatoraide sweetheart, it keeps the electrolites (sp?) doing their job. Just a tablespoon every 15 min. Only do after half an hour of no vomitting. Motherhood is wonderful even though there are moments like you are having now. By the way, when they get as big as your cousins, well you don't want to know. Love ya's feel better soon. Love Aunt Dawn

Pat said...

Um, I feel for you but reading the description made me feel a bit queasy myself! I AM praying that you and Dan don't get it, too. Very smart of you keeping Nathan home! Is Derek better? Has Jeremy joined the group? I DID notice that somehow you found the time to change your blog layout! God bless you all. Love, Mom

Marie said...

Hope you all are feeling better! We went through every sheet and blanket in the house in one night when both the boys were sick. It is no fun. I like Laura's shower curtain idea. Although I know you don't want to discuss the Oreo balls- that sound like a neat recipe-can you stomach sharing?