Friday, January 12, 2007

What's another word for "Boring"?

I'm going to commit what Emily would say is a "no-no" & ramble a bit (actually, knowing Emily as well as I do, she probably would not use that phrase).

I have been playing a Harry Potter computer game for the past week. My parents got me a set of HP computer games for Christmas (after I revealed in my
Weird post that I am an HP freak fan). The set includes a game for each of the first 3 movies and also a special Quidditch game. I have completed the first game (& so has Dan) & am now close to the end of the second. I'm not usually all that into computer games (that's Dan's territory), but when it gives me something to do while I await the fifth movie and seventh book, I'll take it. Even Jeremy & Nathan have given the games a shot, though they are a bit above their level. In my current game, I'm in the Chamber of Secrets, closing in on the bad guy. The music, the surroundings ... all of it have me so creeped out that I had to stop playing (which is why I'm blogging, of course). I will play some more tomorrow or another time when it's not so dark out.

I am also exploring programs that let me know when a blog I read has a new post and one that lets me know who has been reading my blog. I still have a lot to learn on those, but it is interesting to discover there is more to blogging than just writing posts every once in a while. Who knew? On the tracker program, I discovered that someone came over to my blog from a new friend, Colleen. She lives in my area & I found her blog & let her know, so she's been reading mine apparently. And she linked me today on her
Thursday Thirteen post. So, thanks, Colleen! I like Colleen's Thursday lists. I might just give it a shot one of these days. Looks fun.

I really thought my crossword post would be a big hit, but not that many of you seem interested. I guess I'll have to find other subjects to entertain you with. Did you not realize that I was being a bit silly? Maybe it didn't sound the way I thought it would. Sheesh, you're a tough crowd. At least my siblings, my minister & an old Harding buddy were somewhat interested. And Maria too: thanks & blessings to you. I don't know why you said my post spoke to you, but I appreciate it. Maybe for
Paula's sake I'll write a Sudoku post next, with step-by-step instructions for completing a puzzle. What do you think, Paula?

I'm having the
Mommy Gang over for lunch again tomorrow. Looking forward to that. We all are. It's fun to get together with a small group of friends that can all find some common ground: our kids. Who doesn't like to complain vent ask riveting questions about the things their children do every now & then?

We had snow the other day. Did it make its way up to NJ?? I keep reading comments on other blogs that
Brian has left about how disappointed he is that they haven't had snow yet. Apparently, they are pushing back a record each day that they don't have snow. Anyway, back to VA weather ... we had a dusting, not much at all. Nathan got to come home from school an hour early that day. Then, apparently where Dan teaches the roads were worse, covered with ice. The roads seemed fine here, so Dan didn't think anything of it, but when he got to school he was the only one there. He called & had me check to see if they were cancelled, which of course they were. He might usually be one of the first ones there, but the ONLY one there?? When Dan was on his way home I felt like a little kid who was just told his best friend is coming over. I was excited! Until I realized that he'd be spending most of the day working. :( We still got to spend more time together than usual.

So I've been blogging pretty much since June of last year (that feels so weird to say! "last year" when I'm talking about 2006). I did give it a try October 2005, but only posted once, so let's not count that. I have 94 posts ... yeah, you can expect a big celebration for the 100th post. We're having a party over at my place, so come on over (in other words ... stop by my blog & leave me a comment ... even if you never have before!). Yeah, I am so trying to get more of you to leave comments!! Seriously, a bunch of you have told me you read my blog. Why not just leave me a short comment once & say hi? You don't have to have a blog to do so.

If you're still waiting on a Christmas card from us ... well, just wait a little longer. The second batch of cards will be going out soon. What? Did you say it's the middle of January?? Hmmm ... maybe I'll just wait til next Christmas.

Hope you're having a good week & looking forward to the weekend! I'm going to leave you with Jeremy's idea of the purpose of a telephone pole: "A tall thing that holds wires for birdies to sit on."

9 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, no! You're already to the third game. That gift didn't last long. But I'm glad it gave you some distraction.

What prompted Jeremy's definition, just a random observation?

I'm home today and trying to decide what small project to tackle, not wanting to do anything but sleep. I just can't seem to get caught up! I don't know how your Dad and sister do with the little amount of sleep they get (well, I SUSPECT that your dad takes catnaps during the day but shhh).

(Okay, I finally commented. Satisfied? Notice I haven't blogged since your visit - nothing worth commenting on, I guess.)

Anonymous said...

I am interested in finding out who reads my blog. So you can find out who's reading it, even if they don't comment? Tell me more!

I guess I also need to sign up to be informed when blogs are updated.

I have upgraded to the "new" blogger, not blogger beta, and have been having a lot of trouble using my Google account. Are you having the same problem?

Emily Gray said...

thanks for at least using paragraph breaks. it's easier on the eyes, and less intimidating.
if you gotta commit blogorrhea, you better use those paragraph breaks!!!
no paragraph breaks is a 'no-no'
:)

Jennifer said...

Lisa, you just crack me up. I love reading your thoughts, and your unedited solicitation of comments.

And yeah, still waiting on the card, but have already seen the picture so I figured you gave me enough to wait!

laura said...

thank you as always for a smile on my face... it was much needed! And hey, where's the props for us who do comment faithfully? I'm not feeling the love here... :) hey, and when you send that second batch out... send one down to good 'ol Bolivia if you get a chance! We love mail!

Loni said...

I love Jeremy's idea about what a telephone pole is for! I would think the same thing till something hits the pole, messes up the wires & we lose electricity!!
Come on sis, are you scared of the Big Bad Game? Is it going to come alive and hurt you? (Can you hear me laughing?!?!)

Lisa said...

Okay, I've got some catching up to do ... since I like to go back to blogs I've left a comment on & see if the author commented after mine, I try to do that for you too. So, here goes ...

Mom, don't worry about it. I love the HP games. I am just spending WAY too much time on it--that's why we're already to the third. Actually, though I started the third game today, I still have not completed the second. And it's cool the way our whole family has gotten into it.

Jeremy's definition of a telephone pole was prompted by us playing I Spy, when the color was brown, & Jeremy asked if it was the tall thing outside that holds wires for the birdies to sit on.

Dee, since I went over to your blog to respond to your questions ... I have nothing more to say to you.

Just kidding!!!

Emily, I'm glad to meet your approval. :)

Jen, wait a little longer, but I'll have them out soon, I promise. And for you too Laura, of course I was sending one to you! I wish I had gotten yours out in the first batch, though, because I'm wondering if the mail is SUPER-slow out to Bolivia. When will you get it? In June?

And I DEFINITELY appreciate all of you who regularly comment & make me feel good. So here's some LOVE for you. :)

Yes, Loni, I'm afraid. It gets really creepy down in the Chamber. And I did work on it some more today & got to the Big Scary Snake at the end, which was even scarier; but I gave up after a couple of tries mostly because I had kids climbing all over me.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]the cheapest software, [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]to buy educational software[/url]
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]filemaker pro 9 serial number[/url] adobe reader software where to buy photoshop for
acdsee picture viewer [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]software online canada[/url] transfer oem software
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]macromedia softwares[/url] serial number for nero 9 trial
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]macromedia software flash fl4about[/url] free acdsee classic
windows xp pro product key [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]upgrade oem software[/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, nice piece of writing and nice urging commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


My blog ... MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER hacks