Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thirteen Things I Love

I doubt I'll remember to do a Thursday Thirteen post each week, but for this week, I wanted to do a post about some of the things I love. It is, after all, the month dedicated to love. There are MANY things I love, but here are some of the things that I was thinking about this week ...


  1. Finding the item I'm looking for at the store ... and being pleasantly surprised that it's marked down!
  2. Snow ... and a surprise day at home with the whole family.
  3. Warm weather.
  4. The sun.
  5. My husband ... of course.
  6. Holiday t-shirts at Target.
  7. Friends who seek you out so you can sit together (I'm talking about this girl!)
  8. Sleeping in til 8 (not today unfortunately, but maybe some other day).
  9. The song "The Joy of the Lord."
  10. Friends who will talk to you about something that's bothering them so there isn't anything hanging in the air between you.
  11. Jeremy's sweet cheek kisses & Eskimo kisses.
  12. When Nathan is really helpful around the house (there are advantages to 5-almost-6-year-olds after all).
  13. Derek's big hugs.

Wow, that list went too fast. I'll have to do another Love Post so I can share some more of the things I love. Hope you are counting your blessings today too!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I like your list! :) I heart Target holiday shirts, too. Are you wearing yours today!? Can you believe that school is closed today!? I'm shocked since there is no sign of snow yet. I'm not complaining, though. Enjoy your surprise family day!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love my family, far and near. I love my Lord, and like you, want to be with Him as soon as He wants to come. I love my dear granddaughter who is such a deep thinker. We have a snow day, and no kids at home with whom to share it - Grandy is out in it. Nana

Lisa said...

We have already had some snow today; it stopped for a while & then started again. I can't believe that in the same town, Tanya, we have snow & you don't!! Hopefully now you are getting some too. (By the way, you're the reason I even go to Target to look for their holiday shirts!!)

Nana, tell Grandy to be careful. :) I wish you guys were closer so we could hang out on days off. Maybe some day. I'm not really such a deep thinker. That might be a shock to some ...

Thanks for sharing some of your "loves." Hope the rest of you will too!

Paula Harrington said...

We finally got snow and had our first snow day. We're even getting more tonight. We're excited. Of course it was barely an inch so no snowmen but my truck was covered and reminded me of Treys commercial. If only my neighbors and I had the same vehicle....

Bill Williams said...

Don't know that this is a snappy comeback, but I really like this colorful post! More than that, though, reading of your love for family and friends has been a real pick-me-up!

Blessings to you and yours,
-bill

laura said...

Finding the item I'm looking for at the store ... and being pleasantly surprised that it's marked down!

I will so echo this one :) Especially the little things! You should have seen me turning flips in the Bolivian supermarket aisle the other day at the sight of fresh corn on the cob. I think Nathan was sitting in cart saying to everyone that passed by... yeah, I don't really know her :) But man, the little pieces of home make the heart full, whether people, memories, or comfort food!

Loni said...

I love the post! I just wish I had some snow to enjoy too! It is hard to think it is winter when it gets into the 70s. No I am not trying to rub it in! I really do want snow.

By the way, your last post reminded me of a song I love. You probably know it. Its "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. They sing about what they think it will be like when they get to Heaven for the first time. "I can only imagine, when all I will do is forever, forever worship you." How wonderful that day will be!