Friday, October 20, 2006

Mommy Gang

We are the Mommy Gang! From left to right: Lisa, Jeremy & Derek, April with Melody, Sara with Carley, & Bevin with tiny baby Cooper!
 
I jokingly called us the "mommy gang" in an email to April, & she really likes that title for our little club. Today was the first "meeting," & we had so much fun! I was so excited about having everyone over that I couldn't even wait more than an hour to get on & blog about it.

When I first started going to church in Blacksburg, it was so wonderful for me to have a few friends who were a little older & had older children but also children close in age to mine. (And, by the way, Tanya, I did not really feel like they were older!!) We got together frequently, kept each other's kids occasionally, & loved every second of it! I cherished the feeling of security that came with having friends who'd "been there, done that," & when my younger or same-age friends here started having children, I thought, "I want to be that for them too!" So we got together, had lunch, played with our kids, talked a lot about nursing! ... & then made sure we got pictures!!


 
Baby Cooper (born August 22)


 
Melody kissing Carley (who turned 1 today!)


 
Carley making Derek giggle

Thanks for all the fun, guys! I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Matt Wilson said...

hey hey! funny how the blogging world works huh?!?!? your kids are getting so big. Hope things are going well for you. Things is Delaware are good. everybody is doing well and enjoying all that life brings our way.....

talk with you soon!