Sunday, October 08, 2006

Adventures in the Life of Derek

 Yes, I took pictures of my son's first major injury. I don't think the pictures do it justice, though. Today his eye is more swollen & bruised. We were all getting ready for church yesterday morning, when Dan brings a crying Derek to me in the bathroom where I was drying my hair.
 Apparently (no one knows for sure because Derek was by himself), Derek fell onto our coffeetable--no sharp corners or anything, just rounded edges, but he insists that's where he got hurt. Needless to say, we missed Bible class, & there was quite a ruckus around Derek with everyone at church asking what happened to his eye.

  I took the two younger boys to BK the other day for lunch & then spent a while playing in the ballpit. There are 2 BKs in our town, & the other one has a nicer, larger playground, but this one has a ballpit & we don't go to this one very often. I don't think Derek's been here yet, so it was a special treat.
 
Derek is amazingly strong. He can pull himself up onto things without having anything for him to push his legs on. He climbs onto Jeremy's dresser & then pulls himself up onto the top bunkbed. It is crazy!



 
Derek really enjoys drinking his milk after his cereal, like his big brothers do. Since this is the most enthusiasm I ever get from them for drinking milk, I don't discourage it!
  
Hope you had fun exploring the fun of an almost-2-year-old! Stay tuned for similar posts about my other two. :)

3 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

I love drinking milk after cereal has been soaking in it. It has a unique flavor. It tastes really good! Hopefully they will pass the practice on to their kids.

Loni was the first one of you kids to go to the emergency room. She was hanging from the frame that separated the dining room from the living room in our house in Randolph. There was a nail in the frame somewhere and she managed to make sure it cut her. It is truly tramatic for parents when their kids hurt themselves and especially when blood is involved.

Hopefully Derek will recover without a scar and keep away from the corners of all coffee tables. At least he's smiling in the second picture.

I have a scar in between my eyes where a rock it me. I threw a small rock (pretending to be a baseball pitcher) at a huge boulder. It bounced off the boulder and hit me between the eyes. I scared Grammie with all the blood but we all survived. No stitches.

Tanya said...

I missed seeing Derek's smile yesterday. Glad to see his smile is back :)

Marie said...

Caleb (our oldest) has 2 scars on his forehead: 1 where he hit a wood chair just above his left eye (7 stitches) and 2 where another kid he was playing with pushed him down and he was lucky ehough to hit the corner of the classroom door. That one took 13 stitches and is in the middle of his head. When he gets hot or real mad the scar turns red then white. If he survives to preschool it will be amazing! :)