Monday, October 16, 2006

What would you do?

There is a cat door in the door that leads down to our basement. And actually, the door has gotten knocked off, but there is still a hole there. I find it a bit annoying. What can I do with it? Do you have any clever ideas??

(Remember, you can leave a comment even if you're not a blogger, just use "Other")

By the way, after Dee's comment, I realized that I wasn't very clear. Yes, this is a door inside our house. It's not a matter of cold air coming in the house or anything like that. But it's just an ugly hole in the bottom of a door that is seen inside our house. One idea I had was to take a picture of the kids, blow it up & have them peeking out through the hole. Just not sure how best to do that. But I also thought there might be a better idea.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Is this a door inside your house? You'll have to forgive me. I'm a Southerner who has never had a basement. :)

Our Family said...

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking it had to be inside the house, but my imagination got the better of me and my dislike of cats painted a much different picture in my mind! Anyways, I like your idea of the picture...mount it on wood and nail it to the door. Or, you could always replace the door. Or, put a grate over the hole...like if it was to the heater/ac unit or something. Just some ideas. Not near as creative as your picture idea.

Anonymous said...

Ok I like the picture idea too. Get a piece of instalation board the exact size of the hole. Put a photo of the boys on one side with wording HELLO, on the other side GOODBYE. Glue the photo's on. Carefully wedge the piece into the hole. Then have Dan screw in a sheet of plexiglass on either side. Now you don't have the hole, just adorable children looking at you. With the addition of the Plexiglass it won't get wet as long as he caulks with clear. Lisa and if by any chance we have more little Leichners Dan can always unscrew this and put in a new photo. Love Aunt Dawn