Friday, October 06, 2006

Biscuit Finds a Friend

Can I just brag about my oldest son real quick?? He read a book all by himself last night without any help, and I'm so proud! Here's what he read:

Woof! Woof!
What has Biscuit found?
Is it a ball?
Woof!
Is it a bone?
Woof!
Quack!
It is a little duck.
The little duck is lost.
Woof! Woof!
We will bring the little duck back to the pond.
Woof! Woof!
Here, little duck.
Here is the pond.
Here are your mother and your father.
Quack!
Here are your brothers and your sisters.
Quack!
The ducks say thank you.
Thank you for finding the little duck.
Quack!
The little duck wants to play.
Quack!
Woof!
Quack!
Woof! (there are pictures of the duck & dog playing)
Splash!
Biscuit fell into the pond!
Silly Biscuit.
You are all wet!
Woof!
Oh no, Biscuit.
Not a big shake!
Woof!
Time to go home, Biscuit.
Quack! Quack!
Say good-bye, Biscuit.
Woof! Woof!
Good-bye, little duck.
Biscuit has found a new friend.

So, pretty impressive, huh?
Reading the book again this morning to Derek, Nathan informed him that one "Woof" means "no," and two "woofs" mean "yes." Cute.

By the way, yes, I changed the appearance of my blog. I downloaded Blogger Beta, & felt like exploring the differences. I was able to easily change the color/font scheme after choosing a template. I will probably do this a lot. My dad asked me about it & said that it reminded him of how my mom likes to rearrange rooms sometimes. I like to do that too. I like change. I like to mow the lawn a little differently each time. I like to occasionally rearrange a room, or even a small corner of the room like my desk (this bothers Dan because he arranges room from the get-go with much planning & thoughts of efficiency, so changing it would question his judgment for the best arrangement for the room). I like to put clothes in different places each time I change the seasonal clothes out. I think "change" is the reason I like to buy new clothes, too (unless it's just that I like to spend money & get new things). So, yeah, you can expect my blog appearance to change occasionally.

Hope that doesn't bother you. :)

3 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

Another change? You are really getting with it! I have been looking at changing mine as well but it says that your changes aren't saved, though they save a copy of your old blog. Did you have to do a lot to get everything back on your blog the way you had it? I'm curious as to your experience in changing.

Anonymous said...

I think the reason I like to change furniture is to make it seem "new." In our current setting, that won't be possible, I don't think. Things currently fit just one way or no way at all! Oh well . . . .

Maybe that's why I like a change of seasons, too . . . .

I like your change. I like your blogging, too. Thanks so much. I'm going to try it soon myself, I think.

I'm so proud of Nathan, reading to his brothers! How cool is that? He looks so big in the soccer pic you sent, quite the little man, kindergartener! Wow! Wasn't it just yesterday that you were starting school???

Bob Bliss said...

I love this new blog program! I'm am having so much fun changing and adding stuff. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Check out the changes I've made to my blog!