Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Can I Please Melt Some Towels?


I know, strange post title. Jeremy just asked me, "Can I please melt some towels?" and I was trying REALLY REALLY hard to figure out what in the world he was talking about. I finally realized that his "t" in "towels" was a "k" sound, as he cannot pronounce "k" sounds, but instead they come out as "t"s. I still, though, didn't understand what he was asking: "Melt some cows?"

"No," Jeremy says, "melt some tows."

"I don't really understand what you're asking, Jeremy; can you say it again?"

"Can I please melt some tows?"

"Jeremy, are you saying, 'cows'?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so you want to melt some cows?"

"No, can I please melt some tows." (what a polite little boy, he really did say "please" every time!)

"Oh, oh, I gotcha, you want to MILK some COWS!!!"

"YES!"

I couldn't really answer him through my laughter. But really, do you see a cow around here, Jeremy??

You have so much to read from me today! What fun! Hope you're not as cold & rainy as we are!! (It's that stinky fall again!)

2 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

Trey used to say "breckfix" for breakfast. I think boys (usually not the first born) have a harder time learning to articulate when they are younger. Jeremy will learn.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of your brother -- one day after story hour at the library, I asked Trey what the story was about. I tried and tried to understand what he was trying and trying, oh, so patiently to explain, "Twain, twain." Finally he added an explaination, "It goes choo choo." Ah, a train! The thing that amazed me was his patience with my lack of understanding. He didn't give up or get annoyed, just kept trying. I'm so glad other children didn't make fun and cause him to become quiet. As you remember, he stayed a chatterbox!